Thursday, July 22, 2010

Looking Good

This morning we had an awesome time with my sister and her family.  We had a lovely breakfast and then Mr. Yesteryear Acres gave everyone a wagon ride out to the pond and garden.  My nephew was quite the excellent young farmer and really enjoyed pulling up some onions for tonight's dinner.  He also helped cut some cucumbers, peppers and zucchini.  We then walked over to the pond so we could feed the fish and I think the enthusiastic response from our fish surprised everyone.  Our fish swim from all directions and you can actually see the ripples in the water as they head towards the fish chow.  They really love fish chow!  My nephew made sure they were well fed.  We were going to head back to the house on the wagon ride when my neighbor drove up through the back field in his gator. Ooooh - I love his gator!  He was nice enough to give my nephew a ride around the fields and when he got back I told him that one day I wanted a ride.  He asked if I wanted to go right then - and I told him I was too busy - BUT then he asked me if I wanted to DRIVE the gator.  As I was shaking my head "NO" the words "YES YES YES!" came out of my mouth.  I got to take it for a nice spin and I have to admit - I LOVE THAT GATOR.  It was really a lot of fun.  I wonder if he will let me drive it again? It is FUN!  We then all headed back home and made fresh sliced cucumber sandwiches for lunch.  Even though my sister's family were slightly skeptical as to the deliciousness of fresh cucumber sandwiches, I quickly won them over.  They were YUMMY! After everyone was well fed, my sister and family loaded up and headed off for Tennessee.  I then took my girls for haircuts as they both have been really wanting shorter looks. Of course the new haircuts look smashing.  We took before and after photos and everyone was very happy with the new looks. I got home in time to head over to the arboretum with my son and doggie companion and we had a great time talking and walking together.  It was a lot of fun and we plan on doing that together more often.  We usually just walk around here as we like to take multiple dogs and puppies on our walk but he enjoyed working with just one doggie and got some good leash training work done. We stuck to the wooded trail and saw 6 bluebirds, 2 cardinals and a warbler. The doggie saw...SQUIRREL SQUIRREL SQUIRREL - so a good time was had by all.  Tonight I am making zucchini egg foo yong for dinner. Mmmmmm.  I love summer time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!