Friday, February 11, 2011

21!

Today is my older daughter's 21st birthday. 21 years since the day she arrived into this bright beautiful world of ours.  For the past 21 years, she has brought me nothing but overwhelmingly proud moments and complete joy. My sweet Abigail is one of the most persistent, honest, driven, dedicated, moral, stubborn, and devoted people I know. She has the strongest moral compass and without failing always does the right thing. She does the right thing when all around her, a different path has been chosen. She does the right thing when it costs her personally. She does the right thing when no one is looking. She has the most unbelievable sense of right and wrong and is driven to live her life with integrity.  She stands up for those around her as much as she stands up for her own beliefs.  When she was a senior in high school and told me that she wanted to go to the Naval Academy - I knew right then and there - she would be going.  Her sense of honor is held to a higher standard than most and the Navy is certainly lucky to have her. I know she will go on to do great things during her service. Today marks a huge milestone for her. She can now hang out with her friends on the weekend. She will be blessed with a little more freedom and a little more time to relax.  The actual "drinking age" means little to her but the opportunity to hang out with all her friends that are legal, to be able to go to the restaurants and weekend hangouts with them with no restrictions - well that is a birthday present in itself. That is the very best part of her birthday. Finally after 21 long years, she can go out and have fun with her friends and not be left behind because she refuses to bend any rules. So Happy Birthday my sweet Abigail. I love you so much. You are an inspiration to me and to your family. You continue to persevere and make us proud every single day.  Whenever I think of you - I smile and my heart overflows with gratitude and love for all that you have brought to me, to your dad, to your sister, to your brother, to your fellow midshipmen and to your country. I hope your birthday is the best birthday yet! Have fun! Enjoy! Celebrate!  No one deserves it more!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!