Thursday, April 21, 2011

YAY!.....Noooooo!.....YAY!.....Nooooooo!....Yay?

Our electric is back on! YEA!  JOY!  HAPPINESS!  CELEBRATION TIME!!!  Oh I am so happy. Pioneer life is OVER!!! Weehoo!  I think I will start my laundry. I am going to run my dishwasher. I am going to turn on the TV!  I am going to take a shower! I am going to vacuum the kitchen. I am ..........IN THE DARK!!!!! Noooooooooo!  Boo hoo!  No Electric! GONE! ALL GONE! Now I have wet clothes in the washer and dishes that are all soapy and a halfway vacuumed kitchen.  Back to the buckets. Back to Pioneer Life. Back to the candles. I think I will start washing my dishes by hand. I think I will wring out my laundry. I think I am already showered just by all the washing! CLICK! YAY!  JOY! HAPPINESS!!!!  Our Electric is back on!!!!! Now I am even happier!  Now I am even more appreciative!  Now I am celebrating more joyously!  I am resetting my clocks!  I am turning on my TV! I am starting my wash again!  I am..........IN THE DARK! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
Dear Electric Company - As much as I am enjoying my moments of sheer joy the ensuing moments of agony are really not as pleasurable as you might think. I appreciate that with the 2 tornadoes and the widespread damage in our little town that you have your hands full BUT if you could maybe refrain from the hourly false hope of actual, for real, turned on, working, functioning, electric power, I would ever so appreciate it. It is far too much to go from Pioneer woman to "push a button and VOILA!" every few minutes. Of course I definitely prefer the working electricity thing - so if you could work your magic and turn mine on - I would SOOOOO appreciate it.  I realize there is a saying, "you don't know what you have until it is gone" - but believe me.  I already know and I would like it back.
Thank you.
Signed,
Pioneer, 21st Century, Pioneer, 21st Century.....Pioneer Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!