Thursday, July 21, 2011

Melted

That is all I can say about today. M E L T E D! It is wicked hot outside. I agreed to take my son out for the morning to run all his various errands. He has been saving quite a list of things he wanted to do and last week I said we would go on Thursday. I never thought to check the weather. I mean it is only running errands right? Well we started out a little later than I had hoped and by the time we walked out the door at 9:30am - it was already 90+ degrees. As we were walking to the car, Mr. Yesteryear Acres said that he needed the SUV because he had to help his dad today.  That left my son and I with the small car that has pitiful air conditioning. Oh how I missed my SUV!  Even with the air blasting on full power, the sweat was rolling down.  Both my son and I looked like we had gone swimming before we even got to the first store. Other than completely melting - we had a nice time together.  He is a lot of fun to be with and he is a very upbeat happy person.  He is also really thoughtful and bought a big ice tea for me about midway through our erranding.  He is always thinking of how to make the day nicer. We almost got everything done. Around 1:30pm, I called it quits.  Yep - I just couldn't get in and out of the car again to face the oppressive heat.  The only thing left on the list was the one errand I wanted to run.  By that time, I thought - who needs cereal?!?! and we headed on home.  The best part of my day.... all the thanks I got from my son. He is super grateful that I went with him and for that - it was a day well spent!  Even if we did melt!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!