Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It wasn't me

Last Saturday when it was a warm 79* outside, I told Mr. Yesteryear Acres that I was going to switch my closet from winter clothes to summer clothes.  He told me that I better not because the second I pack up my winter clothes, the next morning I would wake up to snow.  I decided to heed Mr. Yesteryear Acres warning and I did not get my summer clothes out.  They are still safely packed away....desperately waiting to come out.  Well this morning, I WOKE UP TO SNOW!  I just want to officially say, "It wasn't me!"  I did not put my winter clothes away.  I did not bring a snowy Earth day celebration to Ohio.  It wasn't me!  This morning as I was outside doing the farm chores with Mr. Yesteryear Acres, I had to come back inside and put on more layers.  It was really cold!  Of course Mr. Yesteryear Acres just laughed and said a day like this in February would be a heat wave.  Well - it isn't February.  It is April!  In fact it is almost May! Perhaps this year, I need to get out my summer clothes to show I am fully committed to warmer weather.  Maybe even though snow is falling from the sky, I should pull out my sundresses.  That will show Mother Nature!  Come back sun!  Come back! Happy (very cold and windy and even snowy) Earth Day! Brrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!