Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Proud and Happy!

Today is I-Day at the United States Naval Academy. It is the day where talented and dedicated young men and women walk through the gates, pledging to serve The United States of America. My older daughter walked through those same gates in 2008 for her I-Day. It is hard to believe 7 years have gone by as I still remember it as if it were yesterday.  Saying goodbye to her still remains one of the saddest and proudest moments of my life. For most of this year, I was certain that my son would be joining the USNA class of 2019. My son was certain as well.  We spent so many days and nights talking about following one's passion in life and doing the things that not only bring you a sense of purpose but also bring you joy and fulfillment. Today, with my son here at home, following his dream and pursuing a career in agriculture, I could not be more proud.  I am more proud of him at this very moment than I would have been if we had been walking through those gates.  He is listening to his heart and following his own path and fulfilling his own dream of becoming a farmer.  I know he feels a little sad on this day, but I also know he is 100% sure of the path he has chosen. My son is going to make an excellent farmer. I am one proud mom!  I am also one super happy mom because when I wake up tomorrow morning.......guess who will still be here and not there!  Yay!  Proud and Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!