Thursday, October 6, 2016

Mom Part Won

Last night I was torn between the two halves of myself as to which path I would choose.  The Yesteryear Acres and Wife part of me wanted to go home. I miss Mr. Yesteryear Acres and the Doodle Doggies and Doodle Puppies and Kittens and horses and garden and everything.  I have been away from Yesteryear Acres for a significant portion of time and really wanted to head back home before the big storm hit. The Mom part of me wanted to stay with my older daughter.  Who leaves a daughter all alone in the face of an impending hurricane? Even though I know she is well-trained as a Marine and obviously would be fine during a storm, the mom part of me didn't want to leave her.  After much debate and going back and forth, I finally made my decision.  The mom part won.  Doesn't it always?  I will be staying here, a mere 6 minutes from the ocean, with my daughter, and awaiting what can only be described as a very soggy weekend.  Back home my younger daughter and Mr. Yesteryear Acres have everything taken care of and all the Doodle Puppies and Doggies are doing great.  They are enjoying a brightly crisp sun-filled day and all is well.  I am now heading out for an adventure.  I am going to go try to find Hurricane supplies along with every other resident who has been busy cleaning out all the shelves in every store.  I just need a few things so hopefully luck will be with me.  We all know - I have toilet paper and water covered!  Now for flashlights, charcoal, lighter fluid and hopefully candles! Hurricane party for 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!