Friday, February 23, 2018

Oatmeal for Breakfast

I am not a huge fan of breakfast.  In fact, I don't think I even ate breakfast for the first 45 years of my life and then I went to a nutrition lecture about the importance of breakfast and started incorporating the dreaded first meal into my day.  I was really good about it for about 3 straight years and then slowly but surely, I started skipping breakfast here and there and have been dropping it from my routine more often than I should.  I am just not a morning person and having to eat something right when I wake up is not on my list of things I enjoy.  I just want my cup of coffee and slowly accept the fact that bedtime is over.  Today however, I had breakfast.  I had a delicious breakfast.  I had a wonderful breakfast.  I proudly told my daughter that I ate breakfast and she immediately proceeded to tell me that I did NOT have breakfast.  What?  How could she belittle my breakfast choice?  I had oatmeal!  Oatmeal is a wonderful breakfast. Oatmeal has fiber, it has potassium, it has protein, it even is a good source of selenium, magnesium and iron.  Dare I say - it just might be the perfect breakfast food!!!  My daughter insisted that this oatmeal did not count:
Hey! Just because I picked up my oatmeal and ate it in a cookie form does not deter from the fact, I still had oatmeal for breakfast.  My daughter proceeded to inform Mr. Yesteryear Acres that I had cookies for breakfast.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres said, that isn't a good breakfast at all.  He had a great breakfast! 
What did you have Mr. Yesteryear Acres???
"Oatmeal!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!