Friday, September 27, 2019

Denver Labradoodle Breeder Conference

Yesterday afternoon I boarded a plane and was off to Denver Colorado! I am spending the next few days at the Annual Labradoodle Breeder Conference learning all I can to help make our Doodle puppies stay as healthy and as happy as they can be. I have never missed a single breeder conference as I always learn something new to improve our program and we always strive to do our very best for our doggies and puppies.
I need to spend more time studying my geography.  In my mind, I thought the plane would land right in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.......... Looks like I now understand what "High Plains Desert" means!
First activity was a fun doodle puppy cupcake challenge 
Flying all day makes me hungry.
We are just waiting to eat the cupcakes.  We have our priorities!  
Doodle cake anyone? 
We made some cute cakes!
And now for the serious part.  Let the learning begin! 
Greg Keller, DVM, MS, DACVR, Chief of Veterinary Services for the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals is lecturing on hip health 
Look at this puppy xray.  So much room to grow!!!!!  
Overweight doggies do not have healthy joints.
We have a full afternoon and evening still ahead of us and much more to learn.  The very best thing about going to the Labradoodle Breeder Conference is being surrounded by other Doodle breeders that all want to do what is best for their puppies and adopt best practices for their programs. We really care about our doodle puppies and love them so very much. I feel lucky to be able to participate in such a big wealth of knowledge in helping our doodle puppies become healthy, happy furry family members!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!