Saturday, May 8, 2010

Making a Difference

I think we all want to make a difference. To do good. To help those who need help. To not just be good people but to do good. Each year we donate several puppies to organizations and/or charities that help children and/or the disabled. This year a puppy of ours helped to raise money for a charity that is dedicated to finding a cure for pediatric brain cancer. We have several seeing-eye doodle doggies, doodles that work with autistic children, diabetic screening doodles, and many therapy doodles doing good work. We have made donating puppies an imperative part of our business. To give back and to spread joy is one of life's greatest pleasures. We rarely donate puppies on an individual basis as we have already established relationships with several non-profit organizations. We are frequently approached to donate a Yesteryear Acres Doodle puppy for a greater cause and we try do accomodate several donations each year. This year, I thought I would like to try and reach a few families that might not have the resources to work with our established organizations. I would particularly like to reach families with active duty military members that might not have the financial means to purchase a doodle puppy but have always wanted to bring a puppy into their lives. I know how much I miss my daughter during her long stretches away from home. I can't imagine how sad a child must feel missing their mommy or daddy. I would love to send a cute furry family member home to help pass the time while their mommy or daddy is dedicating their lives in the service of our country. If you know of a family looking to add a four-legged furry doodle doggie to their family, please have them email me at yesteryearacres@gmail.com. I would love to hear from them. I would like to donate several sweet puppies to either military families or to families that have a child with special needs. Sometimes changing the world starts with small steps. If everyone plays a part in making another person's life just a little bit better - imagine how much good can be accomplished. So send me an email and let me know if you know of anyone that could use a just a little dose of puppy happiness in their lives. I would love to be able to share a few heartwarming stories as to the small steps one of our doodle puppies have taken in order to make someone else's life just a little bit happier as their days overflow with puppy kisses and puppy love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!