Monday, May 3, 2010

Saying Goodbye

My sister and nephew headed back for Vermont today. It is always hard saying good-bye to the ones you love. As a child, I never could have imagined that my sister and I would live so far apart from one another when we grew older. We were inseparable and I always thought we would live minutes from one another. To this day we are still the best of friends. In looking at the big picture - I am happy for my sister as I know she loves living in Vermont. Being a very green and environmentally conscious person, she chose Vermont as the place to attend college. I believe the minute she arrived in Vermont, it was love at first sight and she knew she had found her home. She loves the mountains in her backyard. She loves the fact that moose walk through her yard and can be seen from her office window. She loves the changing seasons, the brilliant display of autumn's beauty and the fact that her daily snow fall in winter is measured in feet, not inches. My sister loves everything about Vermont - even "mud season" and I know she will forever call Vermont home. Sometimes we joke about one of us moving to live near the other - but in reality - we both know that will never happen. Why? Because I love where I live. I love my acreage, my pond, my woods, my barns, my horses, my doggies and my life here. I love Ohio. It is close to everything, easy driving distance to so many places, has all the seasons without too much hardship and my heart will always be here in my home that I love. So we said good-bye, warm in the thought that each of us has found true happiness in life, but at the same time so sad because we truly miss each other. Thank goodness for electronic communication! We are lucky that we can still "chat" every day and our sisterly bond only grows stronger with each passing year. Thanks for the visit Jennifer and Sean! I already miss you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!