Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tunes for Driving

Most of today has been spent preparing for the weekend. We have so much left to do, so we are scrambling to get everything done. The puppies are all ready and they actually told me how excited they were to finally meet their forever families. We have brand new doggie toys and treats for the trip so they should have an awesome time. I am working on an ultimate playlist of songs to keep the puppies rocking the whole way. It might be an interesting journey because as much as I love Mr. Yesteryear Acres and as much as he loves me - we don't love the exact same music. We definitely tolerate each other's music but LOVE - well that is another story. I have a very wide range of music I enjoy. I love Alternative Music, Soft Rock, Pop Music, Bluegrass, Hip Hop, Latin Reggaeton, Country and R&B. The invention of the iPod was one of the greatest ideas EVER. I love hearing an absolute brilliant mandolin picking bluegrass tune followed by a hip hop/rap song followed by a sweet serenade by Ben Taylor. It is the ultimate music experience to be able to listen to a huge mix of your favorite tunes, all with the push of a shuffle button. If you ever pass me on the road, you are likely to see me smiling as I sing along to all my favorites. I also like the music slightly loud. I mean if you are going to rock out "Better Man" by Pearl Jam - you have to have the volume cranked. My husband however never cranks up the volume. He really likes country music and how shall I put this delicately....... he really likes "old music". He loves 50's swinging band tunes, songs from the 70's like Air Supply, Journey and Chicago and songs with no LYRICS like CLASSICAL music. UGH! Sometimes I think he puts Classical Music on just to torture me LOL. I mean HELLO!?! How can I sing to that???? He is also happy listening to the same music for hours in a row. I think if I put on every Chicago tune ever recorded and played them straight back-to-back he would be in heaven. Now don't get me wrong, I like Chicago. We danced to Chicago at our wedding. BUT I don't need to hear them for 2 hours straight. I need variety. As I am always officially the designated DJ for our road trips, I do try to make everyone happy. I miss most of my favorite songs but I can at least throw in one or two good ones every hour or so. Luckily my husband and I both love some of the same artists like Josh Turner, Lady Antebellum, Alison Krauss, James Taylor and Jack Johnson. Jack Johnson is my absolute FAVORITE and I have every single song he has recorded. So on our road trip together, I will stick to the slower tunes that we both enjoy but if I even see my husband looking just the slightest bit sleepy The Red Hot Chili Peppers are going to rock his world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!