Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pond Day!

Today I did something I never ever get to do - I did absolutely.......nothing!!!! I actually honestly seriously did nothing for almost 2 whole hours today! The kids and I went out to the dock armed with a delicious lunch and nice cold drinks and sat out in the brilliant sunshine for almost 2 hours. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, the water was cool and refreshing and the living was definitely easy.  It was AWESOME.  I brought a book out with me. Reading on a soft comfy chair in the beautiful sunshine, by clear blue water and green pastures is just about my favorite thing to do in the whole world. I think every 5 minutes or so I looked around just to soak in the beauty that surrounded me and to smile at how peaceful and how happy I was to be sitting right there on my lovely dock.  We all got rosy cheeks and a nice little suntan and I got about half of my book read. It was HEAVEN!  After the much deserved break, we had swimming lessons.  I am sure you are thinking that perhaps my son was receiving swimming lessons or some other person was at the pond - but nope.  Here at Yesteryear Acres swimming lessons are for the doggies!  We took a couple of older pups out to teach them to swim and a few young doggies too.  They all did their best and most perfected the dog paddle quite quickly.  The swimming lessons all gave us some really good laughs and I think we might have a few contenders for the dock diving competition.  We ended our afternoon with a very long photo session for my younger daughter.  We took over 500 pictures for her senior picture portfolio. We did complete outfit changes - the whole deal. We got some AWESOME shots and it will be hard for us to pick which ones are our favorites.  They are really that good. I think it might just be the most successful photo shoot ever.  The pictures off the dock turned out really well and the lighting was just right.  All in all - I say our day was picture perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!