Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Well at least the carpet is clean!

When I came home yesterday I thought the kitchen smelled a little.....um......dog like. I mean that is certainly a reasonable smell given that we have doodle puppies and doodle doggies in our kitchen ALL the time.  I told Mr. Yesteryear Acres that the kitchen didn't smell all that wonderful and of course he didn't notice.  I mean I WAS gone and no one was baking delicious goodies in the oven so there was a definite lapse of homebaked goodness coming from the kitchen and I could tell immediately.  This morning I figured out where the smell was coming from.  Our carpet! Yes - we have CARPET of all things in our kitchen.  We have been trying for years to remove the carpet and put down hardwood floors but we just haven't had a long enough break to make it a reasonable project.  So the carpet still remains.  It is ugly carpet too!  I can't wait for the day I say my fond goodbyes to my ugly kitchen carpet. I let Mr. Yesteryear Acres know that we need to clean the carpet this weekend and he agreed.  Well I guess the mysterious workings of electronic gadget gizmos thought differently. This afternoon as I was answering emails I heard Mr. Yesteryear Acres yell from the kitchen.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is not one to yell over mundane matters so I ran to the kitchen to see what was wrong. Our dishwasher was literally pouring out GALLONS of water. Water was pouring from the bottom, the sides, EVERYWHERE.  It looked like a sinking ship!  Somehow the sensor that tells the dishwasher when it is full of water stopped working and water was gushing everywhere. So guess what I did today?  Yes, I got the good ole shop vacuum out and vacuumed up gallons of water while Mr. Yesteryear Acres repaired the dishwasher. We spent all afternoon getting everything cleaned up. Despite the fact this was not anywhere on either of our schedules........well....at least the carpet is clean! My kitchen smells better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!