Friday, February 8, 2013

Just 400 more to go!

My younger daughter and I have this little device that we wear and it tells us how many steps we have taken each day, how many flights of stairs we climbed, how many calories we have burned and our total mileage for the day.  Our daily goal is 10,000 steps and 10 flights of stairs.  That is the expected milestone for each day. We can see each other's progress and we know how the other person is doing at any given moment.  Well ever since my daughter has been in Europe - she has been beating me.  And by beating me - I mean she is killing me.  For instance, last Saturday, she walked 16 miles.  MILES.  Ummmmm I am not even close!  She is getting 20,000+ steps a day and my little graph of progress looks pathetic next to hers.  This week she has added jogging to her routine so honestly - there is just no hope for me.  She said she is only walking at a regular pace because she has to walk everywhere but since it is just slow walking, it can't be considered cardio. Oh Okay.  16 miles SO not cardio.  My daughter HAD to add in some jogging. It is clear that I will be a distant second place HOWEVER I am still committed to my own goals. I can't let that device tell me I failed to reach my goal.  And the device emails me periodically throughout the day. "Come On Renee! Only 2,980 more steps to reach your goal!" I feel like I can't let it down!  Last night when I was ready to crawl into bed around midnight, I looked and saw I had only 400 more steps to go.  WHAT?!  NO! So I did what any sane and reasonable person would do.......I jogged in place until I reached my goal. You should have seen the look on Mr. Yesteryear Acres face.  Once I said, "I only have 400 steps to go!" - he understood immediately.  He said, "if you jog faster you can get that done in no time!"  Good ole Mr. Yesteryear Acres. RUN RUN RUN and DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!