Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Number 6?

This afternoon Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son and I walked into our voting polling location and we were met with rounds of applause.  I was wondering what we did that was so wonderful.  Turns out - the wonderful thing was that we walked in. At 2:00pm this afternoon, my son was number 4, Mr. Yesteryear Acres was number 5 and I was number 6.  As in I was the 6th person ALL DAY LONG to show up at our polls.  How can this be?  I realize it is a special May election but there is no reason to be apathetic in exercising the right to vote. We have a school issue on the ballot and only 6 people bothered to show up.  It certainly wasn't the weather as the sun is shining and it is beautiful outside.  The poll workers were beyond bored starting at an empty room with no voters.  We cast our ballots and collected our "I Voted" stickers and walked to the empty parking lot shaking our heads in disbelief.  Number 6?  I hope the late afternoon voters show up in record numbers.  Let's VOTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!