Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Rainy, But Not Gloomy

You may be familiar with the unofficial slogan of the U.S. Postal Service, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." Well today as I was cleaning up the poop, in the yard, in the rain, for the fifth day in a row, I thought of this.   I feel like here at Yesteryear Acres we go through some of the same things as the postal office, but without the paid government holidays off.  Even though I truly feel as if I do not remember what the sun looks like or what sunshine feels like on my skin.... I could not wish to work anywhere else. I am so lucky to be able to work with animals every single day.  I am so lucky that I get along with my parents so well and that I get to come home every day, and it counts as WORK!  I am so lucky that even if "snow, rain heat or gloom" is in the forecast of the day, my "clients" are fluffy little doodle butts that make the day feel as if it were always 70* and bright! So even though I may be lacking the physical sunshine, and miss it oh so dearly, today was not gloomy at all.  Because who could ever be gloomy when covered in puppy kisses? 
No matter what the weather brings - every day feels like this!
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!