Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Leaving Home

I often get asked how I can part with my sweet puppies. How could I possibly let our cute cuddly doodle puppies leave here and go to new homes? The answer is that it is surprisingly easy. Watching the puppies leave with their new families is one of the nicest parts about raising puppies. Not the actual good-bye itself - but rather being responsible for the joy that a new puppy brings to a family is very fulfilling. I feel like Santa Claus each time a new family comes to our home to pick up their new furry baby. It is like they are opening the very best present under the tree on Christmas. The one they were hoping and hoping for and now - here it is! We get to be a big part of that experience. Tears of joy, instant head-over-heels falling in love, overwhelming gratitude, and pure down to the depths of your soul happiness surround us every time a new puppy goes home. Puppies have a way of bringing a big smile - right to your heart. Bringing that much joy to someone is a happy and beautiful thing and I think of that each time I wave good-bye.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I LOVE your blog. I was just viewing your website and emailed you, but just wanted to say that after reading this post in particular, I am sitting here with watery eyes and a drippy nose. My heart is full of excitement and anticipation for when the time comes to adopt the fuzzy baby we have been dying for for YEARS. And now we are only 5 or 6 months away from living in a home that a happy dog deserves. This is going to be the best Christmas in September EVER.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!