Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mr. Yesteryear Acres

I thought I would share a little bit about my husband and all that he does for Yesteryear Acres. Most people get to know me through emails, website updates, facebook posts and now my blog. I love getting to know all our puppy families and I do work very hard. I am busy working from the second I wake up until 10:00pm or 11:00pm each night (yep that includes weekends too) but really - the secret to our success and our very many healthy happy puppies is all that Mr. Yesteryear Acres does each and every day. My husband Darwin is just the best friend anyone - human or canine - could ever ask for. He loves dogs. I am sure you are thinking that loving dogs would be obvious given we spend all our days and night with doggies but when I say he loves dogs, I mean he LOVES dogs. He loves playing with dogs, talking to dogs, walking them, caring for them, feeding them, snuggling with them. Heck he doesn't even complain when he has to clean up after them and believe me - we do that A LOT around here! Whether it is 106* and so humid you can't bear to think of walking outside or freezing cold with blizzard conditions, my husband gives the same enthusiasm and devotion to caring for our furry friends. He is kind of like the postman... "Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night..." When new puppies are born, he sleeps on the kitchen floor with the new mommy and babies to make sure they are all okay. He might do that for 3 or 4 nights in a row and believe me, we do NOT have a comfy floor! Our dogs and puppies need care whether it is Easter morning or Christmas Eve and my husband is always the one to sacrifice his time to make sure our four legged family members are well cared for. He has missed a number of important celebrations, vacations and family gatherings and has never once in his whole life uttered a single complaint. All of our dogs adore him. They save the bestest smiles and the biggest hugs for him and he gives all that love right back. I know every one of our dogs would do whatever my husband asked of them. They are devoted to him and he to them. I think when most people think of the work we do here, they think about all the work that goes into raising puppies, which is indeed a huge undertaking that both my husband and I gladly share. But just as important as caring for the puppies is making sure the mommy and daddy dogs get showered with love and attention. Every day my husband spends hours caring for them and they are healthy and happy and very well loved. We are really lucky because our happy mommy and daddy doggies go on to bless us with happy, healthy, well loved puppies.......who then go on to bless new families with all the unconditional love that only a doggie can bring. It is a perfect circle filled with love and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!