Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy First Day of Summer!

Today marks the first day of summer - the longest brightest sunniest day of the year. I celebrated the first day of summer with my younger daughter. We took a really long walk together and talked and laughed and just enjoyed each other's company. The day was beautiful and it epitomized the perfect summer day. At first I started to think about all the things I had to do and wanted to hurry home but then I saw the happiness in my daughter's eyes and I thought about how much our walks mean to us.  I decided to forget about all the work that waited for me at home and instead focus on just enjoying our day together. I am painfully aware of how our days together are sadly numbered and they will be gone before I know it.  My daughter is so much fun to be with and is an endless supply of complete and total smiles and happiness.  She is one of the kindest people I know. I am lucky that she loves to be with me and that she chooses to spend her free time hanging with her mom.  I know that most teenaged daughters don't think of their moms as their best friends. I am so very appreciative that both my daughters love to spend their time with me and think of me as their best friend. My teenaged son, although in a quieter form, also enjoys hanging out with me. That pretty much makes me the luckiest mom on the planet.
After my walk - I did get busy and I ended up getting all the things on my To-Do list accomplished. The puppies also spent their first day of summer enjoying the sunshine and great weather. My daughter helped me get some awesome pictures of the puppies. They are all in the "I am SOOOO cute!" stage which is really fun.  The puppies are loving their "recess" time outdoors and are just adorable and fun to play with.  The longest and brightest and sunniest day of the year was much appreciated by all. Hello Summer!!!!! Glad you are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!