Monday, June 14, 2010

Hot and Muggy

Man was it ever hot today. The air was as thick as pea soup. It felt like the dead middle of summer where everything just sticks to you. Even the puppies were zapped of their energy when we went out today. Everyone ran for the shade of the bushes as they all stretched out trying to stay cool. I tried to go on a walk with the pups only to find I had absolutely no takers. They all looked at me like "HELLO - it is AIR CONDITIONED inside! Let's go back in!!!!" Even Nutmeg didn't want to go walking. I had to tell the puppies that today was PICTURE day!!!! I said it in my nicest most excited voice, so they would all get excited and practice their best smiles, but they weren't convinced. My daughter and I took all the photos as quickly as we could but I am afraid all the puppies' faces say the exact same thing...."Are we done yet?" It was like taking picture after picture of teenagers that didn't want their pictures taken! No one wanted to smile. I think I will take all new photos again this weekend. Hopefully the humidity will ease up a bit by then. Even with the sticky heat, the puppies are really doing well with going to the bathroom outside. The second I take them out - they all do their business right away. Hey..... Maybe it is because of the heat! They are all hurrying so they can come back inside the house! I have the smartest puppies don't I? Along with the long hot puppy picture session, I had a million things to do today. I ran errands all morning long and crossed a lot off of my to do list. Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son have been out in the garden working all day. I shudder to think of what they will look like when they finally return. I am going to guess they will resemble walking mud men. I think I better go empty the washing machine right now so that they can immediately throw their clothes in. YUCK. Tomorrow morning bright and early Nutmeg leaves for her new home! I am soooo happy for her. She is a super sweet puppy and she has the nicest family coming for her. I will really miss her but I know she will be so loved and so well cared for with her new family. They already have another Yesteryear Acres doodle so Nutmeg will have a sister doodle to play with. I need to go get her baby blankie and new collar ready for her big day tomorrow. Tonight is her last snuggle night here. Tomorrow - a brand new adventure begins for her. Yea for Nutmeg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!