Monday, September 6, 2010

LABOR Day

I am sure this comes as no surprise but today in honor of Labor Day we here at Yesteryear Acres.....worked. I know, I know - you are shocked. This morning, my son was quite thorough in providing Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I with the definition of the Labor Day Holiday.  He gave us a nice explanation as to the reason the holiday was created and suggested we all celebrate. I loved his enthusiasm but alas there was just too much work to do, so on this Labor day - we labored. The puppies all had lots of attention today as the weather was fantastic.  We took tons of pictures of the puppies and I got everything posted to the website this evening.  I think they turned out really well.  Roxy's puppies are now eating all their breakfast and dinner and have started to fill out and grow.  They are so cute.  I love the shiny black satin beauties.  I secretly want to keep one but I am well aware that we have enough puppies and just can't do that right now.  I really really really want to though!!! They are so snuggly and so cute.  My son worked all day long today and was so helpful.  He is a great helper and I don't know what we would do without him. He did the work of at least 2 people today and even helped with the vegetable processing. Sadly my younger daughter has the stomach flu and was flat out sick today.  Poor thing.  She couldn't even move from the couch for the whole day and was just miserably sick.  I was so busy that I didn't even get to sit with her.  I felt bad because when you are really sick it is nice to have someone nearby.  I hope she feels better by tomorrow morning. Along with the garden work and puppy care, Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son worked on installing new waterlines in the barn.  We had hoped to have dinner before 7pm so we could sit and relax tonight but everything took too long and we didn't get to sit down for dinner until 8:30pm tonight. Mr. Yesteryear Acres grilled delicious pork chops so the wait was worth it.  We had a pretty awesome feast of pork chops, fresh sweet corn and a roasted sweet potato/baby new potato medley.  I have to say - they were awesome!  I am hoping that if we get everything cleaned up from our Labor Day we might, just might make it to the couch by 10:00pm.  That way Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I can finally sit down to watch TV.....with our eyes closed. Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!