Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I will not get sick....I will not get sick...I will NOT get sick

Some awful horrible sickness bug is invading our house. My son is down for the count.  He has a fever and a wicked sore throat and sounds like he swallowed a giant frog whole.  He is really sick.  Today he was supposed to go pheasant hunting which is just about his favorite thing in the whole world and he felt too sick to go.  That is serious.  That is sick as sick can be.  I made soup and tea and homemade rolls to help make him feel better but I don't think it is working.  It looks very likely that tomorrow we will be going to the doctor as soon as he wakes up. If homemade rolls don't work - nothing will.  As the day has continued, I have been feeling really run down.  I don't want to say this out loud but...my throat hurts.  It hurts to swallow. I keep thinking about a bed, and pillows, and laying down and closing my eyes.  This is not a good sign.  I don't want to get sick.  I don't want to miss the best part of Christmas vacation. I don't want to have the sniffles and be a spokesperson for cold medicine. I am going to take my vitamin C tonight. I am going to drink orange juice and get some rest and when I wake up tomorrow, I will feel perfectly fine.  Better than fine.  I am super woman and everyone knows that superwoman NEVER gets sick. I am off to go drink some OJ and bury myself under some warm blankets. Tonight will be a 3 dog night....I think it will take at least 3 doodles to keep me warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!