Thursday, June 16, 2011

I wonder if I will be able to move my arms tomorrow

Admittedly, I am WAY behind the times.  I know that what I am about to tell you is probably common knowledge for many many people, but the Wii is AMAZING for working out! This is Week Number 2 of being less "fluffy".  Last week I worked out 4 days.  This week I am aiming for 5 days.  Yesterday I walked for an hour and I was going to go walk again today but Mother Nature had other plans.  Every time I had a break in my day to get my walk in, it started raining. My younger daughter had talked me into buying "Just Dance 2" for the Wii a while ago and it has been sitting in the cellophane wrapping. Well today the cellophane came off and the dancing began! Oh my gosh! It was so much fun.  We danced and laughed and danced some more and before we knew it - 45 minutes had flown by.  We have now decided to walk for an hour on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings and then Wii Dance on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Saturday and Sundays are up for creative exercise ideas.  I think I just might actually BE less fluffy by the end of the summer if I keep this up.  Last summer I was in really good shape, so I know I can get it back if I just keep at it.  The only real problem I can see is whether or not I will be able to move my arms tomorrow.  I don't really exercise my arms when I walk. Yes they swing back and forth but not with any real purpose. Today - it was a whole different ballgame. My daughter and I were in a competition with the points and I was swinging that remote with everything I had.  About halfway through our dance workout, I was acutely aware of my triceps. Evidently I haven't used them in the past decade.  They were burning.  They were actually ON FIRE.  That didn't stop me from swinging and snapping that remote as if my life depended on it.  In the end, my daughter won.  She kicked my butt actually but I was happy to lose.  I have never laughed so hard while burning calories! I am already looking forward to round 2...that is....if I am ever able to move my arms again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!