Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Overnight Campout

My younger daughter is going to a friend's house for an overnight campout.  I asked her if she knew what this meant. Despite the fact we live in the country, my younger daughter is not that fond of bugs or insects or sleeping on the ground.  She rather loathes all spiders, snakes, insects and the like and would be the very first to complain about bug bites.  She is super excited for the campout. It is a big party for alot of her senior friends and they are having a bonfire and tents and cooking out.  I said, "that's nice dear".  And then I asked her if she was aware that she would be sleeping in a tent - outside - with the bugs - and she said that it wouldn't be like that. They are just sleeping in the backyard. Hmmmmm. Well I am going to leave the lights on. Just in case. Just in case a spider crawls into her very clean and hardly used sleeping bag. Just in case one or two mosquitoes join her in her tent for the evening. Just in case she starts missing her very soft bed and mattress.  It isn't that I don't believe her when she says she will be camping out all night long. Of course I believe her but.....I am thinking she is the same girl who today when we were on our walk through the woods was racing about 1/4 mile ahead of me waving her arms frantically trying to outrun the bugs. Sleep tight my sweet daughter....and....don't let the bedbugs bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!