Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Ladybug Invasion

OH. MY. GOSH.  We are under attack!  We are under siege!  We are outnumbered!  IT IS THE LADYBUG INVASION!  I am not even exaggerating.  Every year we do have ladybugs that make it into our house.  I will have a few hanging around the ceiling fan and several that hang out on our bathroom window.  It is annoying but certainly nothing to get worked up over.  Well this morning, Mr. Yesteryear Acres said that it looked like the ladybugs were back.  I said, "Ohhhhhh....UGH!" as I knew that we would be pestered by them for the next few weeks. After lunch, Mr. Yesteryear Acres called me on the phone to say we were being invaded by ladybugs.  Of course I thought he was exaggerating but nooooooo - this was a legitimate invasion of mass proportions!
See at first it seemed all quite innocent and harmless.  Just a few ladybugs.

But then more appeared

And then they started flying in masses RIGHT towards Yesteryear Acres!
Those are not birds you see!

It was like a horror movie of The Ladybug Plague!
Swarms of ladybugs filled the air.

And then they started landing EVERYWHERE!
Mr. Yesteryear Acres went outside to take the pictures and when he came to the backdoor - he was literally covered in polka dots!  I almost didn't let him in the house.

This is the window near my desk and computer.
The ladybugs were all trying to come in the window!
Just when I thought - I WILL NEVER GO OUTSIDE AGAIN......I found something even more horrifying.  The ladybugs were coming in by the hundreds UPSTAIRS.  We still had 2 window air conditioning units installed upstairs and the ladybugs were all flying in through the vents of the air conditioners.  I called Mr. Yesteryear Acres to RUN in the house and get the air conditioners removed ASAP!  Oh my gosh.  They. Were. Everywhere.  I spent almost 2 hours vacuuming up ladybugs, running outside, emptying the ladybugs, running back inside shaking the ladybugs off of me and then vacuuming again.   I was totally not happy.  I knew it was bad when my son came upstairs and gave me a hug.  I am not an insect lover.  I am not fond of bugs.  I do NOT like bugs landing on me, flying around me, or hitting me in the face and I certainly don't like vacuuming bugs for hours! WAH! There is no room for ladybug doodles here! Ladybugs - GO AWAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!