Thursday, October 3, 2013

Unthinkable

Last night Mr. Yesteryear Acres did the unthinkable.  It was a little after 11:00pm when we finally sat down for the night.  We were both thinking, "11:00?!? .... I think it is Ice Cream O'Clock!"  Sadly, I had NO more homemade ice cream in the freezer. None. Nada. Zilch!  And I was too tired to make a new batch.  I mean it was already 11:00pm and by the time I got done making the ice cream, it would be almost midnight.  I just didn't have it in me.  That is when Mr. Yesteryear Acres did the unthinkable.  He went downstairs and brought up 2 pints of STORE ice cream.  Nooooooo!  We haven't eaten ice cream from the grocery store for ages.  It will taste so bad!  It is so fattening!  It isn't good for you! And then it happened. The spoons came out. The tops were opened and then OH MY GOODNESS!  It was sooooooooo good.  Salted caramel pieces inside rich vanilla ice cream.  The cream was CREAM.  It was not my modified "we are eating healthy so I make our ice cream with whole milk" ice cream.  This was ice CREAM.  It tasted so good.  Why did you do this to me Mr. Yesteryear Acres???!!!  I looked over at him with his big smile on his face and his pint was gone.  He said - THAT was the treat of the day! I have to agree.  Let's just hope he doesn't go back down to the basement again!  I have no willpower against salted caramel truffle ice cream!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!