Thursday, July 3, 2014

Zoo Doodles!

This morning the weather was actually overcast and surprisingly cool so we piled into the car and headed for the Zoo!  I love all animals and going to the zoo is something I really love to do.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son aren't quite as enthusiastic about the zoo.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres doesn't like to see animals in small enclosures and says he would rather play with our doodle doggies.  He happily stayed behind to care for our doodle doggies and my son reluctantly agreed to go with us.  The zoo was so crowded - I mean REALLY crowded but we ended up having a great time. We liked to compare every single animal to our doodle doggies. Hey - that cheetah reminds me of Olive.  Look at that Orangutan - that's Maple.  Awwww look it's Grits the Grizzly Bear. Zoo Doodles have a lot in common with our doodle doggies!
One of the big hits of the day - feeding the stingrays.

The new Heart of Africa exhibit is really awesome

Wide open green spaces - beautiful!

Everyone's favorite thing today - the elephants!!!!

They were rough housing and playing with a log in the water

We stayed forever watching them.  The younger elephant was trumpeting and growling.  It was awesome!

My daughter's favorite animal.  She loves the red panda.
I am pretty sure we saw everything at the zoo today. It was a blast and even my son had a great time.  Who doesn't love trumpeting elephants??!!!   Thanks my dear sweet son for driving alllll the way there and thank you for the Icee treat! Mmmmmmm! Zoo Doodle Day was Great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!