Friday, June 5, 2015

6 Months Down

My older daughter has been on deployment for 6 months now. I miss her so much. We are a very close family and it is hard going this long without ever talking or seeing each other. This is the last picture I have of her that she sent to me on Christmas Morning....

That seems so long ago! I am grateful that at least half of her deployment is over and we are now getting closer to the day she finally comes home.
I remember the first day I took my daughter to kindergarten.
 I wondered how I would survive the day without her.
I remember saying goodbye to her as she walked through the gates of the Naval Academy.
 I wondered how I would survive the summer without her.
 I remember when the academic year started at the Naval Academy.
 I wondered how I would survive living at home without her. 
I remember when she moved to Camp Lejeune
I wondered how I would survive for years to come without her.
 I remember driving away from her this past December, tears falling down my face, as I left her the morning of her deployment
I wondered how I would survive without her.
Somehow I have made it through all of this and more .... but oh how I miss that beautiful face.
Thinking of you sweet daughter of mine

and counting the days until

we will be together again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!