Friday, June 12, 2015

That 3 O'Clock

Being the typical Type A person, I am not a big fan of being late.  I do not like to be late.  I also do not like it when other people are late.  I always allow for extra time to be sure that I am on time for my appointments and I appreciate it very much when others show the same courtesy. Whenever I schedule puppy visit days or puppy going home days, I send a friendly reminder to please be on time.  And then I ask if for some reason a family is running late, please text or email me so I can adjust my schedule.  I re-arrange my whole day so I am sure to be ready for puppy visitors. If I spend time just waiting and waiting and waiting, I think about all the other things I could be doing like picking up puppy poop, watering the garden, folding laundry, cleaning my house, making dinner etc. etc. etc.  I am not one to idly waste time.  So today I had a puppy pick up at 3:00pm.  I was outside by 2:40pm walking the puppy and making sure the puppy had the chance to go potty before the big car trip home.  By the time 3:00pm rolled around, the puppy was ready.  So we waited.  And waited.  And waited.  At 3:15pm I told the puppy that his family was late.  At 3:30pm, I told the puppy that his family was REALLY late.  At 3:45pm, I told the puppy I wasn't too happy and the puppy shared my sentiments and didn't want to be outside playing anymore.  So the puppy and I went back inside and by 4:00pm, I was seriously wondering how anyone could be an hour late without letting me know.  At 4:15pm, I was really irritated.  I just spent 1.5 hours waiting and waiting and I still had a huge list of things I needed to do for the day. I was in the middle of telling Bri how mad I was that someone was this late and it couldn't be rush hour traffic because there isn't any rush hour traffic on Saturday. That is when Bri said........"Today is Friday".  OH. What kind of Type A person am I?  The kind that doesn't know the days of the week!!!!  My puppy family is still coming. At 3 O'Clock. On Saturday.  Oh THAT 3 O'Clock!  Ooooops!  Well it looks like I am really ready!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!