Friday, November 27, 2020

Thankful for Insomnia

 Last night I couldn't sleep.  I woke up at 3:00am and try as I might - I could not go back to sleep again.  I ended up getting out of bed and tiptoed down the stairs so I wouldn't wake up Mr. Yesteryear Acres with my tossing and turning.  Six minutes after I was downstairs, I got a text from Mr. Yesteryear Acres asking if I was okay.  I told him I was fine and to go back to sleep. 5 more minutes went by and I got another text asking what I was doing.   Another 3 minutes went by and Mr. Yesteryear Acres texted that I should just come back to bed and we could talk in person.  I went back upstairs and Mr. Yesteryear Acres spent the next 3 hours talking to me!  We talked about everything. We talked about our life together and our many blessings and what we are looking forward to in the future. The time just flew by and it was 3 hours of pure uninterrupted talking.  I am so grateful for our quiet time together. I am thankful for my insomnia but most of all
I am thankful for my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!