Friday, April 30, 2010

Busy Busy Weekend Plans

This weekend is going to be non-stop action! Tomorrow my sister and my nephew Sean are flying in from Vermont. YEA! I am soooo excited to see them. We don't get together nearly as much as we would like and I can't wait for them to arrive. My sister and I are like two peas in a pod and are the best of friends. We get mistaken for twins ALL the time - which delights me but somehow doesn't delight my sister quite as much. I think the reason why is because she is 5 years younger than I am and OBVIOUSLY when someone asks if we are twins - they think I am 5 years younger than I actually am. Hee hee hee! I love that! She loves to tell them that she is the younger sister, which only brings them to say - Oh I couldn't tell. :) That never ceases to delight me! I am already gearing up for the "are you twins?" question to be asked sometime this weekend. Tomorrow we are planning on going to the zoo right after her plane arrives. I know it is supposed to rain but we are going anyway! Mr. Yesteryear Acres was once again nominated to stay home and care for the puppies (thank you dear hubby!) so my son, daughter and I will be off for a zoo adventure. My parents are also going to brave the rain to see the animals. My sister was kind enough to nominate me to pack a picnic lunch for everyone. Wasn't that thoughtful of her? I think she might even have told my parents about HER great idea for a picnic. Hmmmm. So I am making a loaf of homemade bread tonight and will pack peanut butter and homemade jam for yummy sandwiches. I have a variety of potato chips and doritos to throw into the basket and last but not least a batch of puppy chow. Now I know I raise puppies - and maybe some of you are thinking that I am going to feed my sweet nephew ACTUAL puppy chow, but rest assured, this puppy chow is quite yummy and only for humans. It is made by covering Rice Chex with melted milk chocolate and peanut butter and then tossing that into powdered sugar. It is quite irresistible. I thought it was a good snack for the zoo and went along well with the animal theme :) After the zoo we are all heading out for hamburgers and french fries so that Sean can get his required vegetable serving for the day....french fries with ketchup LOL. Then we are all going to see How To Train Your Dragon in IMAX 3D. Perfect day right? It should be a lot of fun!!! Sunday we are all going to celebrate my dad's 76th birthday with a party at his house. Everyone is getting together and yes even Mr. Yesteryear Acres will be there. We do have to drive separately because we can't leave the puppies alone for too long, but we did arrange it so we can all have a nice birthday lunch together before my husband heads back home. We top off Sunday evening by going to my son's baseball game. Lots of action and lots of fun family time for the weekend! I hope your weekend is a good one too!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like alot of fun! There is nothing like family time.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!