Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Prince Humperdinck

Man! I have a ton to do this next week. I feel like Prince Humperdinck in the movie The Princess Bride... "Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped." I think I could give Prince Humperdinck a run for his money! I have puppy work, emails to write, phone calls to return, TONS of housework (hmmmmm....I think my son forgot where his room is and has left all his belongings EVERYWHERE!) not to mention TAXES TAXES TAXES which I haven't even started and oh yes, this weekend I am driving to Annapolis to visit my daughter at the Naval Academy. How will I ever get everything all done? I believe I won't sit down until April 16th! Yesterday I spent most of the day taking brand new pictures of all the puppies. I was so happy to see them all and they have really grown this past week! They are all so cute and playing with them was definitely the highlight of my day. I then downloaded all the pictures to my computer and edited them and proceeded to upload them to my website. My website hosting server evidently decided that yesterday was a great day for torture. Every single time I would upload one photo, the webserver crashed and I had to close out and restart the program. ARGH! What normally takes 3 hours took 6 hours yesterday. It was a very torturous process. I tried to keep thinking happy thoughts, but as the day wore on, my happy thoughts were more like "DO NOT PULL OUT ALL YOUR HAIR.....YOU WILL NOT LOOK GOOD BALD!" I am fairly certain my son is the only one in this family that can pull off that "hair" style. Today I poured through a week of mail and marveled at all the credit card opportunities, insurance offers and "SPECIAL SALES... ONE TIME ONLY" that await me. Wow! I am so popular! I am now running off to my father-in-law's house to rescue him. Seriously. It is a genuine rescue mission as his computer has crashed and I need to go get alllllllllllll his information and save it to a hard drive. He has everything on there. I mean EVERYTHING. And has he backed up his information???? NO! Dear Father-in-law...If you are reading this...which of course will not be doing today because YOU HAVE NO COMPUTER.....please remember to back up your data. It is very important to do that regularly. I am on the way to rescue you. Wish me luck. Tomorrow is more of the same plus I must prepare a "feast on wheels" for my trip on Friday. I need to feed my daughter and her midshipmen friends. I am taking requests. Bake-a-thon begins Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!