Wednesday, April 7, 2010

If you Give a Moose a Muffin

Have you ever read the book "If you Give a Moose a Muffin"? It goes something like this: If you give a Moose a Muffin, then he will want some strawberry jam to go with it, and that will remind him that he will want some milk, and then he will remember that he will need a napkin and then that will remind him that he wants to do a puppet show with the napkins that will remind him to....and so on and so on. It isn't exactly verbatim but you get the picture. Well last night - I totally lived the "If you Give a Moose a Muffin" experience. Before dinner, I went over to my father-in-law's house to rescue all his data from complete and total computer failure. His old computer was definitely dying a slow and most unpleasant death. I had to rescue allllllllll his information facing impending doom. After successfully saving all of his pictures, emails, financial records etc onto an external hard drive, I thought my rescue work was done. I am quite positive that you have now figured out that I was completely and totally wrong. It was obvious that his old computer was never coming back to life, so I left my extra laptop with him so he could use it until he could replace his desktop. This was a mistake. Have you ever seen someone who ONLY knows how to use a very old desktop try to figure out a Windows Vista Laptop? Yes. I should have known better. I thought I would just turn on my laptop and VOILA! I am a HERO! I have SAVED the day!!!! Well....Turning on my laptop reminded him that he doesn't know how to set up his email, which reminded him that (this one is my personal favorite) he didn't remember his email password, and then receiving his emails reminded him that he didn't know how to put Turbo Tax on the laptop which reminded him that he didn't know how to import last year's information, which reminded him that he didn't know how to hook up the printer, and so on and so on. I believe it was 11:49pm when I arrived back home. So if you are going to give a Moose a Muffin, you better have the jam ready, and the milk, and the napkins...and..and...and.... And most importantly if you are reading this blog today dear Father-in-law, I love you. I will always have strawberry jam ready for you and I was glad we got everything working again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!