Monday, April 5, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Today was just a lovely day. I woke up in my own bed right next to my husband that I dearly love surrounded by my doggies that I dearly love in my home that I dearly love. Ahhhhhh. It is so nice to be home. I really love my house. My house was built in 1823 and is a big brick house with original plaster walls, high ceilings and hardwood floors. I think it is the prettiest house I have ever seen. The first time I ever saw my house was when I saw the big color photograph of it in a Real Estate magazine. I fell in love instantly. My husband and I had been seriously looking for over a year for a place to call home. We saw so many homes, but none of them had that special something we were looking for. The moment I saw the picture of the house in the magazine, I knew I had found what I was looking for. The only problem was that the asking price was WAY WAY more than we could ever afford. I mean it wasn't even close. I made an appointment with the listing agent just so I could see it and dream about how beautiful it was. It was everything I wanted and more. It was perfect. It came with 20 acres of land and a stream and barns and room for horsies and doggies and the second I walked in the house, I had goosebumps and just felt like I was meant to live there. I wrote a very long letter to the owners of the home and shared with them my feelings on how perfect I thought their house was. I let them know that I wanted to raise my children in their house and I would care for their home and love it and treasure it always. I asked them if they ever came to a place in their life, where they thought they might want to pass their home down to a family that would truly appreciate their home, would they please consider us. We didn't have the asking price of their home, but maybe, just maybe, we could make up for what we lacked financially with sincere and deepest gratitude, appreciation and love. One year later after writing the letter, we received a call from the listing agent letting us know the sellers had agreed to our offer and would sell us their home! We could not even believe it. Our dream came true....and we have been living here happily ever since!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!