Sunday, April 4, 2010

Shake Your Groove Thing

This spring break I discovered that I need a Disco in my home. Seriously. I need a nightclub disco in my house with a dedicated DJ. I want people to come to my club and have my DJ play some awesome tunes and just dance the night away. Dancing is SO fun. It brings smiles to people’s faces and gets the blood pumping and is a fantastic way to get a workout in without even realizing you are working out. I am not what you would call a sedentary person. I am up and down the stairs, on and off of my chair and in and out of the house many times a day. If you looked at the average amount of time I am moving about – it really adds up. I would like to call my daily activity “exercise” …..and even more than that I would like to have someone else call it “exercise” but evidently, it is not even close. I guess there is some rule where exercise is something that happens at least 3 times a week for a constant duration of 30 minutes. I think the rule states that it must be painful and boring and procrastination of this activity is quite common. I often have good intentions on getting a workout accomplished. The night before I will have a great plan… “Wake up extra early and get workout done before breakfast.” Then the morning comes and I am not hungry – so I obviously have a little time before I need to workout. Breakfast is hours away. Well then somehow it is almost noon so clearly breakfast is out of the question, so I make a new plan to work out after lunch has settled. Well it seems lunch settles just about the exact time the kids come home from school so I can’t just abandon them for exercise. That wouldn’t be very motherly of me would it? So by the time I hear about their day and get some more puppy work finished – it is time to start making dinner, so clearly the mid-day workout is no good. You see the problem right? Exercise just doesn’t make the priority list and something always comes up. This is where the Disco comes in! If I have a Disco in my house, think how much fun that would be. We all could Twist and Shout and Shake our Booty and Dance the Night Away and none of it would feel like exercise at all. I guess I better start shopping for that disco ball! Shake Your Groove Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!