Sunday, May 29, 2011

78 Reasons to Smile

Last night we celebrated Mr. Yesteryear Acres dad's 78th birthday.  We had at least 78 reasons to smile! We had a lovely evening with NO rain whatsoever.  The temperature was a perfect 78*.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres cooked his ever so famous steaks while my daughter and I prepared twice-baked potatoes, honey oatmeal bread and fresh sweet corn. It was a delicious feast. After dinner we headed out to the pond so Mr. Yesteryear Acres Dad could catch some fish. He hasn't been fishing in a really long time so we drove him out to the pond, set up a chair right on the dock and let him fish the evening away.  He thinks he caught 78 fish - the perfect number to celebrate his big birthday. Everyone joined in on the fun.
My son with his catch
Mr. Yesteryear Acres Dad....landing a big one
My daughter with her fish
And what she is really saying is....
DADDY take my fish off!
My son and his doggie fishing from the row boat
The newest babies at Yesteryear Acres
5 Little Goslings
My favorite picture....Father and Son

And as with all good Yesteryear Acres celebrations....we ended the evening with dessert. Mmmmmm Ice Cream Cake!
Happy Birthday!!!!!  We love you!!!!!
And....yes....we ate alllllll the ice cream cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!