Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Elusive White Dress

My younger daughter's high school graduation is just a little over a week away. There is so much to do before the big event. Today I went over all the decoration needs, double checked the cake order, the cookie order, all the food we need to get, floral items etc.  I also went over the floor plan for how the tables need to be arranged for the party and made a list of all the things I still need to do.  The biggest thing on the To-Do list for today was to find the elusive white dress. The high school requires that all the girls wear a white dress for the graduation ceremony.  Do we have a white dress? No. Have I looked everywhere for a white dress? Yes. We have had absolutely NO luck in finding a nice white dress for the ceremony.  Or maybe I should say, we have had absolutely NO luck finding an affordable white dress for the ceremony.  I am just not willing to spend tons of money on a dress that will get very little use. My daughter has never wanted a white dress. She doesn't like to wear white because it gets dirty so easily (especially with cute little puppies running around the kitchen) and so we don't have one. I certainly don't want to buy a white dress just to hang it in her soon to be empty closet. We have been looking for one for the past month with no luck. Today we were down to thinking maybe we would buy a white coverup "dress" used for bathing suits coverups! I mean honestly - it is going to be UNDER the graduation gown. Who would know?!  Every coverup we found was sheer and very see through- so that idea was out.  We were just about to give up when we finally found a cute white eyelet dress at Target. Yea for Target!  It was actually just what we were looking for.  They just got some new summer dresses in and there it was. It looks great and now that is one BIG thing I can cross off the list!  Now only 1,249 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!