Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to Moms Everywhere

Mother's Day is a time for reflection on how wonderful it is to be a mom. When I was younger, that is all I wanted to be when I grew up. I wanted to be a mom who loved her kids unconditionally and was there for her children whenever they needed her. I wanted to be a mom that showered her children with love all the days of their lives.  I was lucky because I met a wonderful man and he wanted to be a dad who was there for his children. He too wanted to be a part of his children's lives and shower them with unconditional love.  And of course - that is what we did. We have 3 amazing children that bring us endless joy and love. I could not be more blessed.  Each child brings something a little different into my life. Each child brings me peace and happiness and fulfillment more than I could ever imagine possible. I love being their mom. It is the very essence of who I am.  My older daughter sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers today with the sweetest, most thoughtful card.
It made me miss her all the more but thankfully, we will be together again soon.  My younger daughter brought me fresh squeezed grapefruit juice to start my morning and made me breakfast, lunch and is making dinner for the family. 

 She has been giving me a Mother's Day - where I am not doing any of the Mommy work. I guess my Mother's Day is a day off so to speak.  The dishes are done, the laundry is folded, the family is fed.  We even had time to go out and sit on our dock and read books for a little while. It was heavenly.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son have been busy caring for all the animals and working on the farm chores.  They always give their all to make things just right and every day around here is really Mother's Day.  I feel lucky to be a mom every day of every week of every month of every year. It is the best feeling in the whole world.  And how did I happen to grow up to be a mom who loves her kids more than anything? Well simply put -  because I am loved more than anything by my mom. She loves me with her whole Mommy heart. I am doubly lucky because Mr. Yesteryear Acres mom loves me more than anything too. She loves me with her whole Mommy heart. When you grow up with that much love, bringing things full circle and loving your own children with all the love you possess is the easiest thing and most natural thing in the world. And for me - it is the best part. Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!