Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Turkey is in the Oven

Tonight we are having a big dinner with all the trimmings.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres parents are coming for dinner and so is our lovely dear neighbor Wilma.  We haven't had Wilma over for a while and we are all looking forward to tonight's feast. Mr. Yesteryear Acres put a big 22lb turkey in the oven earlier today. The whole house smells soooooo good.  The doggies have been walking around the house with their noses in the air inhaling all the goodness. I think I might have been doing that as well. Nothing smells so delicious as a big ole turkey roasting in the oven. It is making my stomach growl with anticipation.  Along with the feasting of feasts.....we have one more person coming to dinner.......My daughter!!!!! YEA!!!  She is on a short leave from the Naval Academy! I am soooo happy. I just love having her home.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres loves having her home. Her brother and sister love having her home. The doggies really love having her home. She is always worried they will forget about her when she is gone and the second she walks in the door - they surround her with doodle hugs.  Their tails wag a million miles an hour and she is given the biggest furry welcome ever.  They miss her when she is gone so when she walks in the door - she is immediately followed with every step she takes.  She loves that.  I love that.  I am looking forward to a dinner full of laughter and love.  Having my family home - best thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!