Saturday, August 18, 2012

I will miss her!

This morning my daughter and I left the house shortly after 6am and started the long drive back to her University.  I had all her belongings packed in our good ole Yesteryear Acres SUV (also known as the puppy mobile) and she followed me in her car. It was a long and very quiet ride.  When I first left the house, I wasn't quite ready for music as I was barely awake, and then as I continued to drive, I decided I would just sit in the silence and think about all that we did this summer.  We made some great home improvements and finished so many MUCH NEEDED house projects. Mr. Yesteryear Acres worked extra hard as did we all and although we didn't really have much "fun" time - we got so much accomplished that it was all worth it.  I was a little sad that we never did have a full day off or got to go on any mini adventures together as a family but all-in-all ... it was a great summer. The house looks great and I know we are all proud of what we accomplished.  I ended up leaving the radio off tor the entire ride there. I have never done that and I have to say that I got a lot of thinking done. I made plans, gave thanks, reflected back, and looked towards the future. Once we arrived at my daughter's college is was non-stop work.  This year she lives on the 3rd floor AND the entrance to her building from the parking lot is in the basement so you know what that means.....FOUR FLIGHTS UP and FOUR FLIGHTS DOWN. To say that I am tired is a bit of an understatement.  We got everything unpacked, picked up her books, set up her computer, made her bed - everything is finished.  15+ long hours later and I am finally home. My ride home wasn't quite as silent.  I didn't make it very far before I turned on the radio because on the way home, I only had one thought. I WILL MISS HER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!