Thursday, August 2, 2012

Reading is FUNdamental!

Today as we continue with Round 3 of our "excavation" project....the end is sooooo near! I think we may just get this room DONE before the weekend.  I had budgeted at least 2 weeks to finish the room but everyone has been helping out so we are making real progress.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres has been coming inside for several hours each day to assist with project which really has been great.  I have to say I wasn't able to get rid of his ABBA cassettes but we did manage to get several big boxes of things organized for donation. As hard as this is for Mr. Yesteryear Acres, he has been a real trooper and we have gone through box after box of his precious belongings and things are really whipping into shape.  I tackled our giant bookshelf today. I think I may have saved every book I have ever read - which is just a inordinate amount of books.  I feel like each book has taken me on some fantastic journey or is a lifelong friend. I took a big step today and decided to share my friends. I said goodbye to so many of my treasured books.  I kept my very favorite favorite ones but all the rest were donated to our local library. The librarian was so excited when my son and I showed up with our many boxes of books.  They were just tickled and said it would make a lot of people really happy. The books were in excellent shape and now my love for reading can be passed on.  My bookshelf looks fantastic now.  I had triple rows of books stacked every which way and it really looked like quite a mess.  Now all the books are nice and neat and of course organized by genre and alphabetized by author. I made so much room on the bookshelf that now all of Mr. Yesteryear Acres construction books, drafting books, engineering books, welding books and all of his assorted remodeling books fit perfectly.  He is so happy to have all his books where he can find them.  I guess that now he can find all those handy construction manuals.......he can start planning on the big kitchen renovation! I bet Mr. Yesteryear Acres will just love it when I mention my new project plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!