Thursday, March 21, 2013

Date - Yesteryear Acres Style

Oh my.  Today, Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I had a DATE day.............well WE called it a date day but some might strongly disagree to the term "date". First we left the house early this morning to take two puppies to the airport! OOOH  AHHHH!  Romantic Yes!? We left with plenty of time to spare but then got stuck in traffic due to a bad accident and I pretty much panicked the rest of the drive to the airport.  My biggest fear was that we would cause the person waiting for us to miss his flight.  Luckily we made it and puppy number one was happily on its way to warm sunny Arizona! Then Mr. Yesteryear Acres and I waited 90 minutes for the second puppy family's flight to arrive. I have to say - it actually felt like a date.  We had 90 uninterrupted minutes to play with our puppy and talk and catch up on everything.  Even though we see each other every day - we are usually so busy that all we have time to talk about is puppy things and doodle doggie things.  I told Mr. Yesteryear Acres about my snowy driving adventures and we planned out what we needed to get done during the month of April.  It was time well spent. Puppy number two finally got to meet her new owner and it was definitely love at first sight. I love that! After we left the airport we got a new watch battery for Mr. Yesteryear Acres' watch AND then we got my phone replaced because my bluetooth had a permanent failure. Man - do we know how to do Date Day or what!?! After our fun errands we both went to the hospital and spent the day with Mr. Yesteryear Acres Mommy.  She still isn't better. I wish she would start improving! I did manage to get a smile on her face. Both my daughters made videos for their grandma hoping that would help her feel better.  She got to see both videos and that put a big smile on her face.  I took a video of her and of Mr. Yesteryear Acres Dad and sent that back to my girls.  I think that helped make the distance seem not so insurmountable. It was a virtual visit and a much needed virtual hug. Visiting Mr. Yesteryear Acres Mommy together was the perfect end to our date day. Who knows what the next date day will bring.....grocery shopping? Dog food shopping? Diesel Fuel fill-up? Oh the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!