Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Orange Juice is Beautiful

The past few days have been exhausting to say the least.  I have been super busy with the puppies and taking care of my son and making some extra meals for my mother-in-law.  She hasn't been feeling too well and needs surgery this Friday.  She will be in the hospital for a few days so I wanted to be sure to get enough meals made to take care of Mr. Yesteryear Acres parents.  I finally sat down last night at 12:15am and was going to relax and watch some TV but instead just went to bed and collapsed.  I was still tired this morning when the alarm went off but Mr. Yesteryear Acres had my coffee all ready as soon as my feet hit the floor. It was so good that it wasn't too long before I was back in action. I have been busy crossing things off my list all day. I have a couple of roaster chickens in the oven, roasted potatoes and carrots. I figure that will make a few nice meals.  Everyone loves slow-roasted chicken when they don't feel well.  Remarkably my son REMEMBERED what was for dinner tonight!  He told me twice that we were having chicken!  This is huge progress! Yesterday he could not remember the word bicycle no matter how hard he tried. When I brought him a glass of Orange Juice - he took a sip and said, "The orange juice is beautiful".  Now I know the color orange IS beautiful but what he meant to say was delicious. Yes, we still have some progress to make BUT he does know we are having chicken for dinner! I think we are on the way to feeling better! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!