Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy Tummy

I know everyone deals with stress differently. For me, I just kind of plow ahead with blinders on, just putting one foot in front of the other trying to get through the day.  We have had a bit of stress these past few weeks and that last week, I was feeling overwhelmed to the point that I couldn't eat.  I know some people really overeat in times of stress but I am the complete opposite.  I just can't enjoy food while people I love are suffering. Nothing sounds good and I have trouble eating anything at all. Well now that we had a perfectly normal day and it looks like the dark clouds have lifted, it seems I am making up for lost time.  I have been SO hungry!  I am eating everything.  I had the biggest lunch today and then.....chocolate happened.  Oh how I love chocolate and someone made me fresh baked chocolate chip cookies!!!!  How could I resist?  We already know I am a cookie addict! I think I ate a dozen cookies.  And a big glass of ice cold milk. And more cookies.  And now my tummy says WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO ME but I am smiling.  I know why I did that. Because things are better now. Because I am happy.  And of course because chocolate chip cookies are SO delicious!  Dear tummy - I am so sorry .......do you want some ice cream so you feel better?! Yes?!  OK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!