Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Skort Did It

I would like to sincerely apologize for the impending frost/freeze we are about to experience here in Ohio. This will be the latest freeze we have ever seen.  It is almost Memorial Day and tomorrow morning we will experience wind chill factors in the mid-30's.  Tomorrow night we have a frost/freeze warning.  What is the reason for this late winter weather? What oh what could be the blame for the absence of warm summer breezes?  What brought us to this frigid state?  I can tell you.  It was......the skort!  I finally broke down and bought a few summer items for myself.  I had several things that just didn't fit right and I decided that I would get a few things that fit perfectly. I found the cutest skort and had to have it.  It's a  skirt!  It's shorts! It's both! How perfect!  To make things even better - the skort is made of wicking material to keep you cool and dry in the hottest of weather.  See?  I bought a new skort for REALLY REALLY HOT weather ... and then..........Summer vanished! I apologize for the drastic change in temperatures.  If I had left my winter clothes on my shelves....If I had gone through summer with ill fitting clothes and no skorts....I guarantee we would have a bumper crop of red ripe tomatoes  by now and the sun would be shining.  I will try my very best to reverse this weather. Tonight I will wear my winter pajamas.  Tomorrow I will wear a nice fleece sweatshirt.  AND to really help turn things around, I will put a big stockpot of homemade chicken soup on the stove.  Skort?  What skort?  All I see are sweatpants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!