Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hey - We All Have Our Talents

Today's warm weather brought about the "Finish the Porch" project.  I have to say, I am really really really excited to get the porch finished but at the same time, I really really really really don't want to do it.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is putting in all new insulation for our porch.  The doggies LOVE being on the porch and this very frigid winter has made the lingering project a necessity.  Today's weather pretty much screamed, "THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!" So early this morning, out came the miter saw and drills and hammers and levels.  My son was vacuuming the entire porch before I even had my breakfast.  That is a little too much motivation for me that early in the morning!  Thank goodness - the project is really made for just TWO people.  I mean, I am pretty positive that I would just get in the way.  Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son have been out on that porch the entire day.  I believe at least 75% of that time involved the level.  I hate that thing!  Mr. Yesteryear Acres is such a stickler.  I mean that bubble has to be SMACK DAB in the middle.  If my daughters are reading the blog right now they are both shaking their heads up and down while feeling SO joyous that they didn't have to be the level holder!  It is an all day job! Since I was terrified all day, that Mr. Yesteryear Acres would call me outside to help, I made myself QUITE busy!  I mean - we all have our talents, and mine does not involve a level!  Not only did I have to do all the normal Yesteryear Acres work, the entire back porch was blocked off so I had to re-route the doggies out the front and around back every time they needed out.  We made such a mud trail today.  I need my porch back! I also decided that I better come up with a good dinner, lest I be called into action tomorrow.  Tonight's menu - Slow roasted pulled pork, homemade potato buns, handcut julienne potato strings with caramelized onions, and smothered kale. See?  I am SO needed indoors!  Since Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my son are still outside, with no signs of stopping, I think I better get some homemade ice cream going.  I am clearly so invaluable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!