Monday, December 1, 2014

Nov 30 - Quality and Quantity Thankfulness

After one last final breakfast together this morning, Mr. Yesteryear Acres and my younger daughter and my son said their tearful goodbyes to my older daughter. The hugs were long and meaningful and full of love.  We pulled out of the driveway with tears in our eyes and hit the road. I decided to drive my daughter back to the Marine Corps base rather than have her fly back all alone. I thought a little bit of quality one-on-one time would be the perfect way to end the holiday weekend. Well my daughter and I got that quality one-on-one time and then some.  We had quality and quantity.  The drive back was full of traffic, standstills, accidents, and long stretches of moving so slowly we made no progress whatsoever.  At one point we drove 30 minutes and only traveled 1 mile.  I can walk faster than that - no make that I can hop on one foot faster than that.  It really was that bad.  At first we were so annoyed and frustrated but after hours of snarled traffic, we just started to laugh and made the best of it.  We figured a few months from now we would give anything to spend an entire day together, even if the day were spent stuck in traffic.  We sang songs, talked about life and cracked each other up until tears were rolling down our faces.  Thankfully we made it safe and sound and are now ready for some serious shut-eye.  I am thankful for all the time we had together. I am thankful for my thankfulness month full of happiness and gratitude.  And......Happy December First! Yes - it is that late!  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!