Saturday, January 17, 2015

Happy Puppy Home Day!

Today Nutmeg's sweet puppies are going to their new homes. When families come here I usually get asked the same question, "Isn't it hard to see all the puppies go home?" I always answer the same way because I have thought about this aspect a lot. As a family business raising puppies was the best thing growing up, except when they left. As a small child I always just wanted the puppy with the pink collar, I mean what 6 year old girl wouldn't want an adorable labrador with a pink collar?!? As I grew up there were definitely puppies (not collar color dependent) that I got really attached to. I would give them a name and sneak them into my bed at night and just absolutely fall in love with them. I would cry every time the puppy had to leave and go to their new homes. It was so hard to see them go. As I got even older I was finally able to grasp what we were doing. We were completing families. Every one of our doodles goes to a loving home where the people are so ecstatic to have a puppy come into their lives. When little kids come to Yesteryear Acres and get surprised with a puppy they emit palpable happiness and joy. It is one of the most rewarding experiences just to be a part of that. I no longer get sad when puppies leave Yesteryear Acres, instead I get excited for the happy families and doodles as they begin a new chapter in their lives. After all we all need some Tail Wagging Devotion from the most sweetest doodles on earth! Happy Puppy Home Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!