Wednesday, February 11, 2015

25 Years in the Making

Today my oldest daughter is One-Quarter of a Century- the big 25! I cannot believe 25 years have passed.  Believe me when I say, it all goes by in the blink of an eye.  Today she is spending her birthday on the other side of the world.  She is into her 3rd month of deployment and this is the furthest apart we have ever been from one another. To say I miss her would be an understatement.  Whenever anyone asks me about her, I hold this image of my daughter in my mind......
I say she is fine!  She is awesome!  
This girl is out there serving our country
She has been trained to be the very best and she will be safe.
What each and every military mom knows
and what every military mom feels is that even though this
is the picture I paint when I speak about my older daughter
This.......
is what my heart sees.
When Mr. Yesteryear Acres thinks about our daughter serving overseas
He thinks about all he has taught her
and his heart sees this
To all the children on deployment and in harm's way
we think about you.  We love you.  We wish you safety and security and we thank you for all your sacrifices. 
Happy 25th Birthday Dearest Daughter
Your Doodle Doggies and your dad and your sister and your brother and your grandmas and grandpas and Aunts and Uncles and your whole family wish you a Safe and Happy Birthday.
I love you.  Love Mom







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!